Top Brit actor, Hugh Grant was slammed for anti gay jokes broadcast on the BBC during halftime at a rugby match!.
Hugh, one of the UK’s best known posh actors had been invited into the commentary box for a half-time chat during England's Six Nations win over Scotland yesterday.
He told BBC1 viewers he played rugby at school, adding: "I discovered it hurt less if you tackled hard than if you tackled like a queen."
Twitter was alive with comments after the remark, Edward A. E. wrote: "Nice bit of old-school homophobia from him that, wasn't it?"
“I’m sure he didn’t really mean to offend by his blatant homophobia” Gay rights campaigner and writer Jason Shaw said yesterday. “I’d have expected better from him, emasculating gay people in that fashion, not very clever or correct. I’m sure he wouldn’t be saying that in front of any of the gay rugby players out there at the moment”
A BBC spokesman said: "We apologise for any offence his comments may have caused."
But, more tellingly, there has been no official statement from Hugh at the present time.
No comments:
Post a Comment